One of the benefits of having our computer get all virus-laden a while back is that when you wipe the Windows partition and start from scratch, everything is really squeaky clean. Last time this happened, I tried to import my ITunes ratings and playlists from the external hard drive for about two weeks, and finally mostly succeeded. This time, I just don’t have the energy. Blank slate, baby, just a bunch of music with no organization whatsoever.
So I am now also deleting from ITunes any track that I can’t remember what it is when I see the title, and also if I’ve only been keeping it because:
- I liked it in junior high.
- I think I should like it because its quality is indisputable.
- I think it makes me a more interesting person to have it in my library.
- I have the rest of the album.
- It was a piece of my life soundtrack at an earlier stage of development that now seems far away, foreign, and vaguely embarrassing to recall. (I’m sorry, Bang Tango and most of the Dar Williams oeuvre, it’s just time for me to move on.)
- C-Man likes it.
Just kidding about that last one. He’s not a bad person, he just makes bad choices sometimes.
HAHA. I’m the exact opposite – The Guy’s taste in music FAR exceeds my own.