At the BlogHer Conference in July of 2008, I spent a good deal of time at breakfast one day talking to Deb Roby about how Twitter was probably not a good thing for me. I was too tired, trying to juggle too many things, which meant I certainly didn’t need another anything to keep track of or be distracted by.
Unfortunately, I have a deep dread of being left out. So in August of 2008, I created a Twitter account. I looked back over my 268 updates in the last 8 months and grabbed a few that entertained me as snapshots of my life. This is mostly for my own collection, as I don’t tend to trust free services to preserve my data in perpetuity for me in case I want to stroll down memory lane someday.
[Note: since I stopped using Twitter for a loooong time after April 2009, I came back in late 2012 and added in the April tweets to this post, which originally only went through March.]
- Enjoying writing software documentation. No really. I’m sick.
- Wanting to set Microsoft’s HQ on fire if I have to change Times New Roman to Arial one more time.
- If I’m going back to work PT in the office as well as working PT from home, when do I blog? I should have thought this through better.
- I think my son is becoming a Tylenol junkie.
- I will bring order to our financial records. I WILL!
- Hating everyone with an automatic music player on their blog.
- I am married to a man who apparently will be playing in the national finals of a video game tournament. Kill me now.
- How did a baby duck get into our front yard?!
- Baby kicked me in the jaw, dog tried to break my toe, door slammed on my finger. Which one can I curse at?
- Wondering why cereal and bread are enriched, but candy corn is not.
- What’s a professional way to say “Just grow up and do your damn work already”?
- Having horrible visions of spending most of October and November giving software trainings. In a suit.
- Searching for a vegan toddler shoe that both my MIL and h-band can be happy with. Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!
- Wanting the documentation to be done and perfect, but desperately wanting to already be done writing it.
- Deciding on lunch. Lasagna or popcorn?
- Babysitter’s leaving soon, how do I get through the next three hours with h-band out of town? Single parents are ROCKSTARS.
- Acting as an agent of bureaucracy.
My only update during an excruciatingly busy month:
GMail is showing me a link ad for an “Adult SEO Theme for WP.” What did I put in an email to make THAT show up?
- Reading yet more bills filed for the upcoming Texas legislative session. Yes, I’m so much fun.
- Packing for drive to Dallas tonight, PLEASE let the child fall asleep in the car. [Please note that he did… for half an hour, and then he was up until 2am.]
- Kid is trying to connect Playstation, joystick, and rocking chair. Should I be concerned?
- Wondering why I don’t understand that eating half a bag of candy is only going to make me feel worse eventually.
- Feeling grateful that my 14 month old son is already getting his molars in. While he has a cold. Oh wait, I’m not grateful at all.
- Bought pie. Life is good.
- My son just said his first word: “uh oh!” Should I be afraid?
- Proving why we shouldn’t have bags of tortilla chips in the house.
- Disturbed that I like an Eddie Vedder song. HATE Eddie Vedder.
- Wondering if it’s socially acceptable to take up drinking for the first time at age 34.
- ah yes, the annual dog freaking out because of fireworks has begun
- husband’s asleep already, baby is fighting it. bad news for me. [So how the heck was I on Twitter?!]
- does cough syrup do ***anything***?
- How many muffins do you have to make for them to last more than a day?
- Woke up to snow on the ground. Um, hello, I LIVE IN AUSTIN TEXAS FOR A REASON and this is not it.
- Still not liking Norah Jones.
- My big achievement yesterday: teaching 16 month old to say “nom nom nom.”
- Not feeling good about being a white middle-class feminist today. Perhaps tomorrow will be better. Not hopeful.
- Oh dammit, not a zombie invasion in Austin
- Just left home b/c needed a breather from toddler, sat waiting in restaurant for 30 mins only to find out they skipped me. So not relaxing.
- I always have a spare gentleman handy to escort me home when I’m out after dark.
- cupcakes would help
- Think about what would happen if your google account got hacked and you were suddenly locked out. Backups, backups, backups.
- Toddler with fever refuses water, OJ, and apple juice. Kid, I want something stronger too, but IT’S NOT HAPPENING FOR EITHER OF US. Drink!
- 24 year old sister in law living with us temporarily, I’m trying to reassure her that 30s are better than 20s
- Eating an entire can of Pringles without any apology to anyone.
- toddler apparently can open bag of brown sugar. interesting. also, sticky.