I often wish that The Dog would earn her keep. Loudly. However, my friend has C. pointed out that it’s often difficult to secure gainful employment without a resume. I realize now that my complaints have been far greater than my investment in The Dog’s future. Even such a small task as a resume is difficult for a creature with no verbal skills or opposable thumbs – and yet, I have not stepped in to assist her.
So I have created a draft as a jumping-off point, and I invite constructive comments.
CONTACT: thedog at lizardkingdom dot org
OBJECTIVE: Cheese. Lots of cheese. Or possibly yogurt. Willing to negotiate.
CHARACTERISTICS and SKILLS:
- Strong sense of curiosity and willingness to explore single topics in detail.
- Proven ability to focus on repetitive tasks.
- Alert to changes in environment which might influence normal course of business.
- Really, really, really good at pulling things.
- early 1997, supporting participant in low-income community service project
- 1997-2000, social benefit delivery and textile remodeling in a team environment
- 2000-present, responsible for individual projects, including sanitation